The Chesapeake Human Resources Association is made up of individual and corporate members. All rights and privileges of membership are the domain of the individual regardless of company affiliation (excluding Corporate Packages).
By applying for membership in the Chesapeake Human Resources Association, applicants are agreeing to abide by the following Code of Ethics. Prospective members who are service providers to HR professionals should pay particular attention to the last section, which prohibits members from using the membership list to solicit business.
Code of Ethics:
As a member of the Chesapeake Human Resources Association, I acknowledge my responsibility to strive for personal growth in my chosen career field and commit myself to observe the following ethical practices:
- I will respect the dignity of the individual as one of the essential elements of success in any enterprise.
- I will demonstrate and promote the spirit of cooperative effort between owner, employee, and the general public, directly or indirectly connected with the enterprise.
- I will advance those ethical employee relations concepts in personnel administration and labor relations which contribute to the objectives of the enterprise.
- I will reveal the facts in any situation where my private interests are in conflict with those of my employer or other principals.
- I will not permit considerations of religion, nationality, race, sex, age, party politics, or social standing to influence my professional activities.
- I will strive to attain and demonstrate a professional level of competence within the body of knowledge comprising the management field.
- I will encourage and participate in research to develop and advance new and improved management methods, skills and practices sharing the productive results of such research with others.
- I will not use the Association, its Membership Roster, or materials for the solicitation of business or other similar purposes.