CHRA is pleased to announce that TWO $1,000 scholarships will be offered in 2017! Each $1000 award will be granted to one undergraduate student and one graduate student who:
We will begin accepting applications for both of these $1000 Student Scholarships now. Award winners will be announced at the CHRA Spring Conference in 2017 (Date: April 13, 2017).
- Demonstrate a commitment to the field of Human Resources; and
- Possess proven leadership ability; and
- Actively involved in CHRA or other HR related organizations.
Qualifications for Entry
- Must be a full-time or part-time undergraduate or graduate student.
- If enrolled at a Community College, students must be working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in the future – referred to as a Transfer Pattern/Pathway and NOT a Certificate.
- Must be a CHRA Member, membership qualification applies to those CHRA members whose dues are activated by March 1, 2017.
- Applications must be received by April 1, 2017.
Entries will be judged by the Scholarship Program Committee based on the following criteria:
- Commitment to the field of Human Resources
- Leadership ability
- Involvement in CHRA or other HR related organizations
- Application submitted on or before the deadline of April 1, 2017
Scholarship Award Application Instructions
This application must be completed in full and submitted with the following:
- A current copy of the applicant's resume
- Completed Student Scholarship Application
- Official school transcript demonstrating full or part-time enrollment in undergraduate or graduate program as of Spring 2017.
- Two letters of recommendation:
- At least one professional reference from a faculty member, school advisor, current/former employer, or HR professional.
- No more than one personal reference from a non-relative may be used.
Submit the original application complete with attachments by April 1, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org (in the subject line of the email please type: Student Scholarship Award Candidate)
Questions can be directed to Jean Turner, CHRA Director of College Relations Committee at: email@example.com.
Deadline: April 1, 2017